Skip to content ↓

Requesting Information

Data Subject Access Requests

You have the right to ask us whether we are using or storing your personal information. You can also ask us for copies of your personal information, verbally or in writing.

This is called the right of access and is commonly known as making a Data Subject Access Request or 'SAR'.

If you would like to make a Data Subject Access Request, please include:

  • A clear label for your request (e.g. use ‘subject access request’ as your email subject line or a heading for your letter);
  • The date of your request;
  • Your name (including any aliases, if relevant);
  • Any other information you think may used by us to identify or distinguish you from other individuals
  • Your up-to-date contact details;
  • A comprehensive list of what personal data you want to access, based on what you need;
  • Any details, relevant dates, or search criteria that will help the organisation identify what you want; and
  • How you would like to receive the information (e.g. by email or printed out).

School Closure Periods

The school may not be able to respond to Subject Access Requests (SARs) received during or just before school closure periods within the one calendar month response period. This is because the school will be closed, no one will be on site to comply with the request and we do not review emails during this period. As a result, it is unlikely that your request will be able to be dealt with during this time. We may not be able to acknowledge your request during this time (i.e., until a time when we receive the request). However, if we can acknowledge the request, we may still not be able to deal with it until the school re-opens. The school will endeavour to comply with requests as soon as possible and will keep in communication with you as far as possible. If your request is urgent, please provide your request during term times and not during/close to closure periods. 

Requesting Information

To make a Data Subject Access Request, please put your request in writing, marked for the attention of The Data Protection Officer and send it to the school, or email your request to